2004-04-24 USA, Los Angeles, CA – Greek Theatre (Souls Benefit)
April 24, 2004
USA, Los Angeles, CA
Greek Theatre (Souls Benefit)
Saul Williams, Bad Acid Trip, Zack Hill
5. Chop Suey!
11. Mr. Jack
13. Chic ‘N’ Stu
16. Prison Song
18. Deer Dance
21. Kez Yem Hisoum (Paul Baghdadlian cover)
24. Sardarabad (Traditional cover)
2nd show in 2004
417th show in the United States
• Armenian Massacre report was played as intro ending with William Saroyan’s quote: “I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose wars have all been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, literature is unread, music is unheard, and prayers are no more answered. Go ahead, destroy Armenia . See if you can do it. Send them into the desert without bread or water. Burn their homes and churches. Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again. For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a New Armenia.”. Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine did the voiceover.
• Daron conducted an I-E-A-I-A-I-O intro sing-a-long with the crowd.
• Serj mixed up two first verses in ‘Forest’.
• Serj recited his poem called ‘War That No One Won’ as an intro for ‘War?’.
• Serj sang ‘Bush is gonna let you motherfuckers die’ in the ending of ‘Mind’.
• ‘Mr. Jack’ was played with P.I.G. intro.
• Daron twisted the lyrics in ‘Needles’ to ‘I’m sitting here with the shotgun in my hand’.
• Shavo told everybody who has a flag to rise it up in the air because “Today is the day to raise those motherfucking flags!”.
• Daron played a short jam before ‘Toxicity’.
• ‘Kez Yem Hisoum’ and ‘Roulette’ performed for the first time.
• Daron dedicated ‘Roulette’ to all grandparents.
• Serj thanked supporting bands and fans for making it one of their best shows ever.
• Serj replaced penultimate stanza in ‘P.L.U.C.K’ with demo lyrics.
• ‘P.L.U.C.K’ was played with extended ending during which Serj gave a speech.
• Ten tables with different organisations (including Axis Of Justice) regarding injustices in the world were set before the entrance to Greek Theatre.
• This was the last time band played in Drop C tuning until Reunion Tour.
• Last time Daron played Ibanez Iceman until KROQ show at 2014/12/13.
• It was also the last time when Daron and Shavo performed shirtless.